Sunday, March 1, 2009

Celebration/Share Time

I just wanted to let everyone know that next Sunday, March 8th, at 4:00PM, we will be gathering together at the Oaks Baptist Church for a time of worship and sharing. It will be a laid back time of worship through song and open mic time. We want for everyone to have an opportunity to share how God is working in your lives through this or what He has been teaching you. Also, we would love for you to share your favorite memories of Phil. Please plan on joining us for this time of praising God for the life of Phil.

2 comments:

  1. To Phil's family!
    Phil and I were neighbors, High School close friends and roommates at North Greenville College before my marriage carried me away from campus.
    I had the privilege of traveling from SC to Arkansas to help in his wedding.
    I regret hearing of Phil's great suffering of late and the family's loss. We rejoice w/ you in the reality of heaven and knowing that Phil is now there! He was a great christian friend and companion. He had a great influence on my teen years as we shared much christian fun and good times together.
    We have been praying for him and the family in recent weeks at Round Hill Baptist in Lexington, SC where I pastor.
    Please take comfort in the testimony Phil left behind and cherish the good times you enjoyed together.
    We will continue to pray for you.
    Don Turner
    819 Neighbor Ln.
    Lexington, SC 29072
    803 356 4951

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, Justin and Kristin,

    You are in my thoughts and prayers. I still remember baby sitting Justin one night before y'all left Montgomery. Phil was always able to make me smile! I pray that you will grow in grace through this experience.

    Nancy Dowdle Butler

    ReplyDelete